showcache supports most mainstream media ‘types’.
- Video. Up to 4K. AVI, MOV, WMV, MP4 and MPG.
- Photography. RAW, JPEG, PNG, BMP, TIF, DNG, CR2 and GIF.
- Images. PSD (Photoshop) JPEG, PNG, BMP, TIF, DNG, CR2 and GIF
- Audio. MP3, OGG, WAV, AIF and M4A.
- Documents. PDF, XLS, DOC, TXT
For a complete list of supported asset formats and specifications, including information about our uploader, click here.
showcache’s workflow follows a tried and tested ‘traditional’ production process which you can make as easy or as advanced as you want.
Log In and Upload.
When you sign up, we automatically create a digital ‘foundation’ for your business – adding a default division, organisation and production.
From here you can:
- Change the default production name to your own production. Add other products like Editing, Photography, Re-Touching. Etc.
- Fully customise the production. Add Prices. Customise the Geo-coding features, turn on SELECTION features (allowing Clients to select from “rushes” or RAW images for editing), enable automatic Tailboards with interactive links, turn on the Event calendar for scheduling. Add Extras (extra travelling time etc.).
- Add additional Divisions for your Business. (Inter-state Offices/Branches).
- Add Organisations (Client & Customers).
- Add Users, and assign them different access roles. Turn on Notifications (email and SMS available) for project review etc.
- Create Projects.
- Select Organisation (Client) to add to the project.
- Add Users (Head of Marketing etc).
- Shoot and upload unedited assets or finished Masters.
- Have third party contractors upload content from anywhere in the world to the project, assigning Copyright etc to you. (Your Terms & Conditions)
- Trigger SELECTION, allowing your Clients to select the assets they want edited or re-touched.
- Launched edited video for Client input or feedback/review, via an email link OR password-protected log-in.
- Monitor activity and views.
- On Approval, automatically distribute asset to Facebook, LinkedIN, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, Dailymotion, Tumblr or Vimeo.
- Stream video (with no ads) from your own web site using embed codes.
- Download assets in original format.
- Integrate your business with XERO.
- Use our WordPress plug-in to have showcache power your web sites.
- ‘raw’ and Master uploads. Many Clients can be frightened by the sight of raw, untouched, unedited footage. showcache has approached this challenge by allowing for two different types of uploads. One Internal or ‘raw’ upload (for your own Editors) and one External upload, which we call Masters, for your Clients to see. If you want your Client to see the raw, untouched images, upload them to MASTERS.